I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you. As always I only recommend products and services that I use and love.
Now here’s something you won’t find very often on this blog. A recipe. The reason: I don’t really like to cook. It’s not the actual act of cooking that I mind; it’s more about the preparation and the mess. It’s time-consuming! And I’d just rather be painting something, decorating, crafting, cleaning, doing laundry, riding my bike….you get it ; ) But when I come across a recipe that I love I’m going to share it!
Here’s my recipe for a sugar free version of a strawberry lemonade adapted from this recipe. Yes, the title says “double” strawberry. I used twice as many strawberries as the original recipe called for (I like strawberries better than lemons ; ))
- 2 pounds of strawberries, hulled and cut in half
- 1 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice (I used about 8 lemons)
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup Truvia (or equivalent of your favorite sugar substitute)
- 2 cups sparkling water
- Combine water and Truvia in a small saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir until Truvia is dissolved. Reduce heat and stir in the lemon juice and lemon zest. Remove from heat and allow to cool. Pour lemon mixture through a strainer into a mixing bowl.
- Puree strawberries with a blender (I used an immersion blender) and strain to remove seeds. (Note: the strainer I used did not catch all of the seeds)
- Add the strawberry puree to the completely cooled lemon mixture and stir well.
- Add the sparkling water, pour over ice and enjoy!