As you know, Ball Jars have been making home canning products for years. But many have discovered that these jars are useful for more than canning, too. More than likely you’ve seen a lot of the mason jar projects all over blogland, Pinterest, and magazines.
These limited edition jars commemorate the 100 year anniversary of the Ball brothers’ “Perfection” Jar and come in a beautiful green tint. I love the new Limited Edition Spring Green Heritage Collection Jars. I was so happy when Ball Jars came out with this color!
My favorite (and the easiest!) way to use them is as vases.
These are being produced only in 2014 and are available in both pint and quart varieties.
And guess what! Jardin Home Brands, the makers of Ball Jars are giving one of my readers a case of each size! The lucky winner will also receive a 4-pack 16oz Drinking Mugs, a Mason Jar Infuser, and Sip & Straw Lids.
And there’s more big news!
The makers of Ball Brand Jars will host its first annual International Can-It-Forward Day with special guest renowned chef and Bravo’s Top Chef judge, Hugh Acheson! While the day is primarily to celebrate home canning via a live webcast that you can watch right here! Be sure to come back on Saturday to watch it live!
International Can-It-Forward Day will also be exploring alternative uses for Ball brand jars. The event is taking place at the Brooklyn Borough Hall Farmers Market and, in addition to canning demos where viewer questions will be answered in real-time by Chef Acheson and other experts, there will also be segments on crafting, herb gardening and the brand’s new drinkware line! They will also be attempting a Guinness World Record for the World’s Largest Mason Jar Mosaic!
Here is the schedule of events:
- 10:00am – Pepper Jelly demonstration by Chef Sara
- 10:45am – Tips on urban gardening & herb preservation
- 11:00am – Peach Sirach Jam demonstration by Marisa McClellan
- 11:30am – Crafting in Ball jars with staff from Martha Stewart Living
- 11:45am – Hugh Acheson Preserving and Mixology demonstrations
- 1:15pm – Special Mixology demonstration with local mixologists
- 1:30pm – Salsa Verde demonstration by Chef Sara
Here is everything one of you will win:
- 1 case (6) of Quart sized Vintage Style Spring Green Ball Jars retail value $12.99
- 1 case (6) of Pint sized Vintage Stule Spring Green Ball Jars retail value $9.99
- 1 case (4) 16 oz drinking mugs retail value $9.99
- 1 Wide Mouth Jar Infuser retail value $5.99
- 1 Sip & Straw lids retail value $4.99
Open to residents of the U.S. 18 years old + The winner will randomly chosen on Friday, August 22.
Disclosure: I received compensation in the form of product for my opinions and ideas on using Ball Jars. As always, I only recommend products that I use and love.