Silhouette America is having an awesome promotion on their Designer Edition Software. If you have recently purchased a Silhouette machine and don’t have the Designer Edition Software yet, now is the perfect time! Silhouette is offering my readers 40% off! Just use the code: BABBLE to receive the 40% discount when you are in the Silhouette America Shop.
If you’re asking why you should get the Designer Edition Software, here’s a good outline of the differences between the basic software and the Designer Edition.
In short, you get the following:
- Ability to open, manipulate, and cut .svg files
- Rhinestone tools to convert designs into rhinestone templates and create your own rhinestone designs
- Sketch tools to convert designs into several styles of sketchable art
- Creative knife tools to allow you to clip designs using different patterns
- Enhanced eraser set to modify designs with more precision
- Built-in ruler and guide lines for precise alignment and drawing
The most important reason to me (and the reason I got it when it first came out) was that it allows me to use my own images/shapes in addition to what’s available in the Silhouette Online Store. Don’t get me wrong, I love and buy a lot of the shapes in the Silhouette Online Store (I even have a monthly subscription), but it’s nice to be able to buy shapes from other places, too, that only have SVG files available.
The second reason I got it was for the ability to convert designs into rhinestone templates. Remember the Joy pillow that I made for Christmas?
By now, you probably know that one of my favorite mediums to use is glitter vinyl. I use it instead of rhinestones to get the look without the work! And with the Designer Edition Software, I can make any almost any shape into a rhinestone design!
In the photo above, I took a regular cut file and turned it into a rhinestone template with just a click! I can even change the size of the rhinestones and even the spacing between them.
Plus having the rulers and guides is handy, too! I really rely on them for lining things up just right and to get even spacing between between shapes.
I really do recommend that you get the Designer Edition Software. It will open up so many creating opportunities.
And if you don’t have a Cameo or Portrait yet, but have been wanting one, I have good news for you, too! By using the code: BABBLE at Silhouette’s website, you can get a Cameo or Portrait bundle that includes the Designer Edition Software and glitter sketch pens at discounted prices:
1. The Silhouette CAMEO®, The Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software, the glitter collection sketch pens, and the metallic collection sketch pens for $269.99 ($94 in savings)
2. The Silhouette Portrait™, The Silhouette Studio® Designer Edition Software, the glitter collection sketch pens, and the metallic collection sketch pens for $129.99 ($114 in savings)
Full Disclosure: I was not compensated for this post, however, I did receive free product for an honest review. This post contains affiliate links, which means if you purchase something using my promotional code, I will receive a small commission. Please know that I only recommend products that I use and love and you all know how much I love my Silhouette!