I may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post at no additional cost to you. As always I only recommend products and services that I use and love.
The Princess is here! In case you missed the announcement on my Facebook Page, my granddaughter was born on February 23! She is a doll and I love her to pieces! I’ll show you a photo of her at the end of this post. But first I want to show you the invitations that I made for the baby shower back in January.
In keeping with the pink, gray and white theme that was used in the decorations, I used the same colors for the invitations.
And of course I had to use glitter! All princesses love glitter! And grandmothers. Grandmothers love glitter, too!
And a tiara, of course!
These were fairly simple to make using the Print & Cut feature of the Silhouette.
- I drew a rectangle to the size I wanted: 5 x 7.5″ for the invitation
- I then filled the rectangle with a pink and white diagonal stripe pattern.
- I grabbed a bracket frame and color filled it with white and placed it over the top portion of the rectangle
- Then I drew a rounded rectangle filled with white which is where I typed the invitation details.
- I used Janda Quirkygirl font for all of the text
- Don’t forget to turn off the cut lines on the shapes that are inside of the rectangle.
- Turn on the registration marks, print and cut!
I cut the tiara out of glitter vinyl. You can barely see it, but in the photo above, I intentionally printed the shape of the tiara to help with placement of the teeny, tiny, fragile glitter vinyl tiara. The glittery dresses were made using Silhouette’s double-sided adhesive and Silhouette’s glitter. I just love that stuff; both the double-sided adhesive and the glitter. If you haven’t tried the Silhouette Glitter yet, I highly recommend it and I’m a bit of a glitter snob! And while you’re ordering the glitter, go ahead and order some of the double-sided adhesive, too. You’ll love it!
I love how they turned out and think they look better than the pricey store-bought invitations!
As promised, here’s peek at our princess!
Sweet, little Melanie!
Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?
My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration!
1. McCall Manor // 2. The Turquoise Home // 3. Creative Savings // 4. Sandpaper and Glue // 5. The Thinking Closet // 6. Sowdering About in Seattle // 7. Persia Lou // 8. From Wine to Whine // 9. Dream a Little Bigger // 10. Please Excuse My Craftermath… // 11. Play. Party. Pin. // 12. Everyday Paper // 13. Practically Functional // 14. A Tossed Salad Life // 15. My Favorite Finds // 16. The House on Hillbrook // 17. Adventures in All Things Food // 18. A Glimpse Into Barb’s Life // 19. TitiCrafty // 20. The Experimental Home // 21. feto soap blog // 22. Creative Ramblings // 23. The Stamp Doc // 24. Ginger Snap Crafts // 25. Simply Kelly Designs // 26. Whats Next Ma // 27. unOriginal Mom // 28. Bringing Creativity 2 Life // 29. Cutesy Crafts // 30. My Paper Craze // 31. Create & Babble // 32. Grey Luster Girl // 33. The Sensory Emporium // 34. Lil’ Mrs. Tori // 35. Black and White Obsession // 36. Mama Sonshine // 37. Weekend Craft // 38. Creative Carnival // 39. Peace, Love and Joyce // 40. Tried & True // 41. The Frill of Life // 42. Dragonfly & Lily Pads // 43. Get Silvered // 44. Minted Strawberry