As I’ve said many times, I have this slight obsession with paper medallions. I just knew I had to use them in some way for Christmas decorating. Take a look at my Paper Medallion Christmas Tree using sheets of double-sided card stock.
It was super easy to make. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut perforated lines in 12″ x 12″ doubled-sided card stock and cut them to graduated widths. To hold the medallion shape together, I hot glued a square of chip board on one side of each medallion in the center.
Now you may be wondering what IS that wooden handle-looking thing is that is sticking out of the bottom layer of the tree. Well, it’s a skewer. Yep, a barbecue skewer. I skewered through each layer to create the tree.
And this lovely little metal tub is the “tree stand”. I had to bend the handles with plyers so that the tree would rest evenly on the edges.
To give the tree an extra little sparkle, I dipped the edges of each medallion in white glue and then srinkled with glitter. ‘Cause everything is better with glitter, right? Especially German Glitter Glass. Yes, I have another obsession: German Glitter Glass. I big puffy heart that stuff! I can’t wait to show you other ways I am using it.
Want to Check Out More Silhouette Projects?
My Silhouette Challenge buddies and I are all sharing projects on our blogs today, so peruse the projects below for a wealth of Silhouette inspiration!
- 2013 Snowman Christmas Card by Please Excuse My Craftermath…
- Christmas Hoop Art by Lil’ Mrs. Tori
- Silhouette Nativity Advent Candle Box by One Tough Mother
- Christmas Party Photo Booth Props by unOriginal Mom
- Another Stenciled Tea Towel by Cutesy Crafts
- Silhouette Gift Tags by Rain on a Tin Roof
- Snowflake Pin / Ornament by Coley’s Corner
- State Sign Couple Gift by It Happens in a Blink
- Mason Jar Christmas Ornaments by Vintage News Junkie
- Merry Christmas Wall Decor by One Artsy Mama
- Deer Head Holiday Banner…featuring Santa’s Reindeer by The Thinking Closet
- Restore your UGGS (with PAINT) by From Wine to Whine
- Monogrammed Snowflake Ornaments by Architecture of a Mom
- Christmas Countdown Sign by The Girl Creative
- Elf Chalk Sign: “The Best Way to Spread Christmas” by Weekend Craft
- Glittery Christmas Subway Art by The Turquoise Home
- Sketch Pen Labels by Sowdering About in Seattle
- Snowflake NOEL Sign by My Favorite Finds
- DIY Holiday Hostess Gift by Everyday Paper
- Folding Nativity Backdrop by Chicken Scratch NY
- Recycled Glass Jar Advent Calendar by Nearly Handmade
- Reindeer Card: Double-Sided Print & Cut by GetSilvered
- Personalized Block Ornament by Suburble
- Paper Medallion Christmas Tree by Create & Babble
- Mini Mid-Century Homes by Tried & True
- Glitter and Vinyl Minecraft Christmas Ornament by A Tossed Salad Life
- DIY Countdown to Christmas Refrigerator Style by My Paper Craze
- Reversible Recipe Holder/Block Frame by The Sensory Emporium
- DIY: Lettered Christmas Pillows by The House on Hillbrook
- Simply Charming Christmas Ornaments by Life After Laundry
- No Glitter was Worn by GiveMeAPaintbrush
- Make Easy Ornaments from Paper Circles by Bringing Creativity to Life
- Cutting Machine Embroidery Applique by Terri Johnson Creates
- “Believe” Christmas Banner by Daily Dwelling
- DIY Christmas Nativity Card by Pitter and Glink
Do you have a Silhouette machine?
Looking for Silhouette inspiration, support, trouble-shooting? Interested in joining us for our group posting event next month? Then, we’d love to have you join our Silhouette Challenge Facebook group. To join, simply fill out the new member request form, and Lauren from The Thinking Closet will get you squared away.
Don’t have a Silhouette, but really, really want one? Well, 30 of my Silhouette crafting buddies and I are giving you the chance to win a $155 Amazon Gift Card!
$155 is more than enough to order your own Silhouette Portrait! Or anything else on your wishlist! There are 31 potential entries. This giveaway is open to anyone 18 years and older and is an international-friendly giveaway!
I link to these great parties: